×

Documents in Huisentruit disappearance could be unsealed

By Jason Melillo Mar 29, 2025 | 6:00 AM

(MNN)-The endorsement, application for, and search warrant itself in the 1995 disappearance and murder of Jodi Huisentruit will be unsealed. A Mason City, Iowa judge approved the request, noting they don’t have information that would compromise the investigation. This comes after person of interest, John Vansice, died in December. The warrant contains GPS data from two of his vehicles. The affidavit filed supporting the search warrant application will remain sealed as it contains sensitive information about times, items found at the scene and their specific locations, and other observations. The documents will be unsealed in 31 days, barring an appeal. Huisentruit was a news anchor at KIMT in Mason City and disappeared on June 27, 1995. She was declared dead in 2001.

FOLLOW US FOR INSTANT UPDATES!

Activity Stream

KWNO RADIO1 hour ago
A school bus fight may lead to a 16-year-old student being arrested for assault. According to a Winona Police Department spokesperson, on Wednesday afternoon the teenager allegedly "jumped" a 15-year-old boy, punching and attacking him for several minutes. After unsuccessfully trying to verbally break up the fight, the bus driver returned to Winona Senior High School where school staff intervened. By the time police officers arrived the alleged attacker was gone but the victim was still there. The WPD spokesperson said the victim's face was swollen and he may have suffered facial fractures. Officers identified the alleged attacker, and the spokesperson says an arrest and filing of assault charges could be forthcoming.
KWNO RADIOMar 21, 2025
Winona Police on Thursday afternoon responded to reports of a person being shot in the arm. Officers arrived in the 550 block of Mankato Avenue and found a man who had been shot in the arm with a pellet gun. He was alert and conscious and subsequently taken Winona Health for treatment. Around 5:00 law enforcement arrested 35-year-old John Edward Mullen at a residence on East 11th Street. In the home officers found several pellet guns. Mullen will be referred to the Winona County Attorney's Office for second-degree assault.
KWNO RADIOMar 26, 2025
open lightbox
A portion of West Broadway in Winona will be closing for about seven months. The closure starts April 7 and is part of the West Broadway Reconstruction project. According to the Office of Public Works, West Broadway will be closed to traffic from Hilbert Street to the railroad tracks between Jackson Street and South Baker Street. Vehicles westbound on Broadway are urged to turn off at South Baker to avoid having to turnaround near the tracks. Eastbound vehicles are recommended to turn off Broadway on Lee or Bierce Streets as the Hilbert Street intersection will be closed. A truck detour is planned on 5th Street. The closure is expected to last through October.